Saturday, March 31, 2007

Saturday

Note to self: Using "SPF 5" sunscreen is kind of like smoking "low-tar" cigarettes.

The weather today was idyllic. My friend's boyfriend had a birthday party in the park and his friend from a long time ago visited from New Orleans, wearing '80s wristbands. He staged his entrance by "accidentally" tossing a frisbee into our area. The frisbee hit a baby stroller, but the baby was with her mother.

The flower shop 60 seconds away from our house (on foot) has gerber daisies.

In December, we went hiking with Brian and our friend Andrew (who I hope is having a good time in Texas). It was freezing but really fun.

Oh -- OH! The big news is that I learned how to thread a bobbin. With no small amount of help from Amye! So far since yesterday I've made 7 pillow cases. Maybe tomorrow ... applique???

8 comments:

abby said...

Wow- I love those pillows! Where did you get the fabric? Hey, I just figured out how to do appliqué and believe me, it is doable.

Is that your thigh?

amyegodfrey said...

Diannnna! Those are darling! I had no idea that's what you were doing. I thought you were working on that quilt. Good for you. I am impressed!

Neil and Diana said...

Um, yeah. My sunburned thigh. The fabric came from some quilt store on the east side. Applique will be my project for the week! Thanks for the support, family.

Emily said...

You are so crafty! Who knew? I love your pillows and I'm glad you have reinvented that hiking trip in your mind to be cold AND fun. Isn't that how hiking usually is? Fun, after the fact.

Neil and Diana said...

Seriously. SPEAKing of hiking trip, can't we go to Phantom Ranch? I have been begging Neil and Dennis (experienced hikers extraordinaire) since early fall to provide some kind of guidance in the organization of such a trip. I could take it upon myself, of course, but I have no experience whatsoever. Can this reach a clamor? Does anyone else want to go?

Emily said...

I would love to go, but can't until I stop nursing and then would have to find a babysitter. Steve's knees are kind of gimpy, so he might now be available to hike. Hey! There's my babysitting solution. This family doesn't plan things well.

Unknown said...

Love the pillows, D-bo! And what a racy leg shot!

amyegodfrey said...

The pillows are even cuter than what you see here!