Wednesday, March 07, 2007

I'm kind of hungry

New haircut:

But more importantly, today I was leaving the supermarket and much to my delight three 10-year-olds called out, "Would you like to buy some Girl Scout cookies?"

"YEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I tried not to look like too much of a maniacal freak. "Why, yes, girls ... What kinds do you have?" I wanted to sit down with them and relate my misery in not having got ANY Girl Scout cookie solicitations the whole season. I wanted to tell them about how I was convinced that the GSC moment had been lost forever and I would NEVER get to savor the beloved Samoas or crisp Thin Mints that haunted my dreams. And how my faith in GSCs was now, against all odds, redeemed by their simple offering.

Time is money and they had a lot of boxes to sell, so I skipped the confessional and bought three boxes. Which hopefully will last 24 hours.


In other news, it's finally warm! 86 today and I'm not looking back. I might ask for the day after my birthday off. I might sign up for classes in the fall and do my job per-diem. Voice lessons are going really well. Neil is working super hard, at work and home. He got free peppercorns at work today.

13 comments:

Emily said...

Lucky!! Free peppercorns!

Emily said...

(You look hot. And I would have bought you a box if I knew it meant that much. Enjoy, enjoy.)

Emily said...

I love you and Neil.

amyegodfrey said...

What does that mean? Peppercorns? Are you talking about the black tiny peppercorns you put in a grinder? Why would Neil get those at work? That's as random as getting some bay leaves at work.
You look very, very darling!

Emily said...

Bay leaves at work?! Lucky!

Neil and Diana said...

Yes, those little round things. Except these are white, not black. I'm not sure what the difference is, exactly. Thank you for the compliments. My hair is way easier. Now my only dilemma is what am I supposed to wear today when everything is wrinkled and the iron is broke. ... I am happy it's Thursday!

Anonymous said...

Your hair is fabulous! Peppercorns and bay leaves...mmm...who's making soup?

abby said...

I love the cut! I think you're going to have to explain the peppercorns.

Anonymous said...

Very cute haircut. And I'm with Abby on the confusion re: peppercorns. Did they just give him a handful of peppercorns?

Anonymous said...

i'm laughing.

Anonymous said...

there's been a lot of talk about this last post. maybe a little too much talk..
the news often does live stuff from local hotspsots and so the hotspot will usually send stuff (usually food) with the reporter back for the studio grunts (since they're getting free advertisement). in this case, we each got a thing o' fancy peppercorns.

amyegodfrey said...

Cool. It would be nice to see YOUR photo on the Channel 13 web site, I think.

Neil and Diana said...

For sure! Neil, will you make a post about the awesome dictionary command you just showed me?