Saturday, March 24, 2007

March fantasy

Sometimes I dream about going to Hawaii. I could probably go there as an SLP traveller. Sometimes it's scary to think about picking up and moving. Although the extremely, extremely loud party directly outside our bedroom window last night from midnight till forever made it a tad easier to fantasize about living elsewhere.

Sometimes I dream about making a quilt. About being so adept at making a quilt that I can go to the fabric store and pick out mouthwatering colors/patterns and go home and make a quilt. Piece of cake.

Sometimes I dream about being tan and warm in Puerto Penasco and running on the beach and playing Scrabble by sunlight with my best friend and playing with kids and floating.

Today I didn't make it to the boot camp class because I woke up too late because certain parties were screaming flirtatious obscenities through the window into my ear between swigs of cheap beer all night, but I went to the gym anyway and discovered a new setting on the elliptical machine that was very, very hard and therefore fun. I listened to the Talking Heads and Snoop Dogg feat. Pharrell, which helped.

10 comments:

amyegodfrey said...

I have learned from Nevada how to make an easy and fun quilt.I will show you how soon. I would love to go to Hawaii with you so you can be a tour guide. I hate to think about you moving from that cozy home of yours.

amyegodfrey said...

BTW, I'm here with the Sharps. Just got home from church and will go to a birthday dinner at Wendy and Tim's this afternoon for Abby and Wendy. Had fun driving with Emily and kiddos; the boys are so, so funny.

Anonymous said...

You all must be having such a nice time! I wish we were there, especially so we could see Abby and the family. Last night I spent an hour -- an hour -- at the sewing machine trying to stitch together two pieces of cotton. The needle would pick up the underthread, but then it would use many inches of the upper thread to make a big, knotty mess in 2 seconds. Many times over. I need sewing rehab.

amyegodfrey said...

That happens to me, too. It usually means the the thread or bobbin are not threaded right. If you re-thread both of those, it should clear it up.

Neil and Diana said...

I'm still a little fuzzy on proper bobbin threading, alas.

Anonymous said...

i almost flooded the house.

amyegodfrey said...

Please elaborate!

abby said...

Diana, Jamie threads my bobbin every single time! I just do not have the patience or interest in learning that detail. If it runs out and he's not home, I'm finished.

I feel your pain.

Neil and Diana said...

Thank you, my ESP sister. BTW, why don't you have an Amazon wish list?

Anonymous said...

diana, if you master the bobbin, you've mastered 90% of sewing. Sometimes, the bobbin winds wrong, or the tension on the bobbin case is just a tad bit off, or the bobbin is not put in the case and/or machine correctly. Any one of these can ruin your fun. I have found that just when I think I've conquered all my bobbin troubles, a new one arises. Actually, not really new, just new that day. You should see amye's quilts - very cute.