Saturday, August 11, 2007

no-work weekend!

David Bromstad is so cute. I painted several pieces of furniture. It was fun. Various species of bug tried to eat me alive. Were they attracted to the latex paint or what? OMG, Ali G as Borat is sooooooooooooo not funny. Tomorrow I would like to eat popcorn. And probably paint more furniture. Is anyone else ever plagued by thoughts of what you're not doing, even as you're doing something else? Like, I was reading an article in the New Yorker and simultaneously thinking about the articles in the new New Yorker that I hadn't read. Robert Wright doesn't know who "Jess and Nick" are. I am soooooooooooo scared about starting school. On so many levels. The t-mobile commercial is funny! Dad: So, there's 5 of us and we can each put 5 people on myfaves, so that's 26! Child: No, that's 25. Other child: Yeah, 5x5=25. Dad: No ... no. 26. Carry the nine. (Leaves room) Mom: That's why you need to stay in school, kids.

8 comments:

abby said...

Diana, you crack me up. And I love you guys so much because you sent us the most delicious outfits. I'm calling you.

Anonymous said...

I want to see your painted furniture. Do you start school tomorrow?

Emily said...

I hope you had popcorn and I hope it was good. Kisses.

Neil and Diana said...

Abby, every day I pray for your health. I miss you a lot. I wish, as a matter of fact, that all the Godfrey girls were sitting right here in my living room watching Design Star on HGTV. I start school Aug. 20. Thanks, Emily -- actually, Neil made some of his killer sandwiches! Just name the weekend ...

Sarah said...

Haven't seen that commercial. Funny. Please post photos of the newly painted furniture. You are inspiring me.

Anonymous said...

Diana--I hope school is going well. I came across this website and thought you might find some of the tips helpful. The advice might be eight years old, but the substance of the advice is timeless. http://agnews.tamu.edu/agex/August1999.html

Neil and Diana said...

I am laughing! Actually, I had a fashion moment Tuesday when I got my books on campus. Driving in, I saw a bunch of sorority girls in t-shirt and short shorts. I thought, "Oh, that looks so cute, I love shorts, I will be sure to wear t-shirts and shorts to class all the time, just like I used to. ..." Then I was in line at the bookstore and a couple of sorority girls stood near me -- anorexic, looking like they'd fallen asleep on the tanning table. They remarked to each other, "You worked hard last semester, huh." -- "Yeah, I worked hard." -- "Your grade point average went up a lot." -- "Yeah, it went up. Now it's at 2.3." At that point I realized it might be a good idea not in any way to resemble sorority girls, at least not the first few weeks of class.

Emily said...

Matt, I want details about how you "came across" this website. What were you doing?!