Monday, January 01, 2007

My sister is hot

Jon too.

I have worked every day since Christmas, not including Christmas. I will work through Friday. I am happy. I came upon a new principle while hiking two weeks ago. Sometimes we work hard and get return (e.g., hiking leads to healthier body). Sometimes we work hard and get nothing (e.g., hiking in 35-degree weather in short shorts is not useful in any respect, especially when at least an hour of it is through very sharp thorns with every step). So when we are working really hard and feel exhausted, or emotionally spent, or psychically weary, or all scratched up, it may be useful to remember the hiking principle and understand that just because we are putting out doesn't mean that we are getting equally replenished.

At night we like to watch the news and together we sometimes watch shows on HG and TLC, like Flip this House. Addictive! We love The Golden Girls. Also the Travel Channel. And House M.D., when it's not a rerun, although Neil now expresses boredom with the show. I think it's jumped the shark several times already. Last week I watched Trial by Choir on TLC. It was cool, like a documentary. I think working through the weekend has changed my perspective somewhat: I am seriously thinking, "Oh cool! Only 4 more days of work till the weekend!" I would like to win a trip to somewhere. If I think of it in the morning I will check the Travel Channel Web site and see if they are having a contest.

13 comments:

Emily said...

Huh, Golden Girls. Really?

Neil and Diana said...

It is sooooooo funny. Watch it once and you will see.

Anonymous said...

call me back already! xoxo

Unknown said...

a. thank you - i cant believe you used the same photo!
b. i like your hiking principle.
c. i LIVE for trial by choir

Anonymous said...

Eliza IS hot. Flip This House is hot. I'm trying to imagine Neil appreciating Betty White's or Bea Arthur's humor.

Anonymous said...

Blanche: Now I know why Hemingway killed himself. Oh girls, I have a writer's block – it's the worst feeling in the world!
Sophia: Try ten days without a bowel movement sometime.
Blanche: You just keep sitting there, hour after hour after hour...
Sophia: Tell me about it.

Emily said...

Bowel movement jokes are so funny!

amyegodfrey said...

Golden Girls was a great show back in the day! Glad to hear it is still appreciated.

Anonymous said...

Eliza looks absolutely gorgeous! She looks so much like your mother. Did you ever post your wedding pictures online?

Anonymous said...

Eliza looks fabulous! Who hosted the winter formal?

Ditto Emily...huh? Bunch of dirty old women who can't get a date. Except for Blanche, and we all know her ploys.

LOVING HGTV. Watch every night too. We saw a show the other night that was just depressing. Couple trying to sell OLD, run-down house for too much money. They already bought another home and were about to go bankrupt. They hired their friend to be the agent, but he had little to no experience and was always late for their open houses. It went from bad to worse very quickly. Did you see it? They ended up selling for WAY less then planned and barely made even, if that. I think that was the only show I have not enjoyed.

Anonymous said...

BTW, Diana, as you know, we ended up not using the wedding photos for the Christmas card, however, we framed the one of Grace and Molly for John for Christmas. He was really thrilled with it. Thanks for sharing them.

Neil and Diana said...

Oh my gosh, all you Golden Girls naysayers need to watch the show and then tell me how beneath you it is. Because if you watch the whole show you will LOL at least 3x, I am certain. I believe the program is on Lifetime at 5-ish.

Secondly, wedding photos are available for viewing for another week at: http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventframe?event=06AF004H, but I have some prints I want to give you anyway, Heather, when next I see you.

Sarah, that episode sounds pretty depressing. I haven't seen it. It's a little annoying when people on Flip This House (or a similar show) price the home at like 2x what the realtor recommends and then wonder why they're stuck with mortgage for 6 months when nobody is buying the house.

Anonymous said...

Oh, the show is called BUY ME.