Sunday, January 28, 2007

Goodbye, cold snap

Sunday morning, praise the dawning

Neil is reading about Barack Obama and will be able to provide the definitive word on his qualifications for the presidency. Mmm, maybe I should get Living History for his birthday.

In recent news: A Catholic elementary school in Warwick, R.I., banned talking in the cafeteria during lunchtime, subsequent to three choking incidents (or two, if you believe the headline). The logic is that staff can't hear children choking if other people are talking. Telling children not to talk during lunch sounds like a dangerous science experiment.

Also in the news, I have paid for my Unix class, ordered the book, and completed the first assignment of e-mailing the instructor. Whoo-hoo! I'll be sure to post when I receive the book and open it!

Also, a few Chinese men recently were detained for their role in killing women and planning to sell them as ghost brides! That's when a dead bachelor is buried with a recently deceased woman, so she can keep him company.

No comment.

We are going to Phoenix today, to see my miraculously recovered Aunt Sheila (of the Tarpon Springs Plunketts) and spend brief but quality time with the splendid Phoenix Godfreys. The sun is bright, the forecast is 71, and I'm almost ready for my shower. On second thought, I took one yesterday. ... A shower every day is a trifle excessive, don'tcha think?

12 comments:

Emily said...

Who made that delightful blanket on the couch?

I like your new colors.

That would be creepy if you (me) were the one murdered to be a ghost bride. I'm not interested in that arrangement, nosiree.

I'm so glad Sheila is doing well and that you are taking a UNIX class. Isn't that the brand of clothing Sarah wore all through middle school, with the band belt?

amyegodfrey said...

Loved seeing you two tonight! Thanks for meeting us. I'm anxious to hear Neil's views on the extraordinary Obama.

Anonymous said...

Obama seems too bandwagon for Neil. I am loving your beautiful, colorful home. So glad Sheila is well, too.

amyegodfrey said...

I was disgusted with my messy closet last night, and I said to myself that I need to be more like Diana and Neil, who GET RID of things and just keep things they like and use. Thanks for inspiring!

Neil and Diana said...

Amye, Next time we're in Phx I can help you clean, if you want. Emily, the delightful blanket is a la crate and barrel. I wish I didn't have to go to work today because it's going to rain and I would like to read a book with the door open so I can smell, hear and feel it. Does anybody ever feel, upon waking up, that somebody came through and set all your clocks ahead for a practical joke?

amyegodfrey said...

I slept in until 8:30 this morning. It was sooo nice. I hope Sheila is getting better each day.

amyegodfrey said...

In the Republic yesterday, speaking of coffee cup, a survey said that Starbucks coffee is not as good as the cheaper, more delicious McDonalds; that you're just paying for the label and the ambience.

Neil and Diana said...

I find that to be somewhat true. When I've ordered a cup of coffee from Starbucks I've found it to be BURNED 4 out of 5 times, and invariably too strong. The burn ratio on an Americano (espresso and water) is only 1:5 and the caffeine level is more smooth (for me). Anyway, I'll have to get McDonalds coffee one of these days for a taste test. And Starbucks coffee made at home in a french press, such as that which I'm drinking right now, is pretty good.

molly & rick said...

Diana princess! I am in the midst of writing you a letter, who knows when I'm to finish! We're expected to get a big Valentine's Day storm, snow day perhaps? We made reservations for you and Neil for Friday and Saturday night in New Hope...let us know when you want to fly in, we can pick you up and you can stay with us! We'd love to have guests in our apartment! You can stay a while and roam NYC in the spring! Only worry about getting here, we'll take care of the rest! xoxoxoxo miss you!

Emily said...

Happy birthday to Neil!!!!!

I will call you, but if I forget, I hope turning 28 is everything you always dreamed it would be. See you tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

thanks for coming over last night. we had a great time with you and the craigs and 'rents and kiddos.

amyegodfrey said...

Diana,
Thank you for the jewelry! You were so thoughtful to share your find with all of us. I will very much enjoy wearing the bracelets! Hmm . .which one will I wear tomorrow?