Tuesday, September 19, 2006

It's fall

It doesn't rain so much these days. I can't believe the pope said that. Even if he was quoting.

I am planning to work this Sunday. Maybe I can trade it for a day off next week! And Neil and I will go rollerskating.

My contact lenses have been threatening me for about an hour. But first there were so many things that I had to do. Switching to glasses takes 1.5 minutes and, worse, requires a shift in thinking.

That's weird: If you're at the computer you can do different things, like read the news and alternately peruse jcrew.com, but on the other hand you're still at the computer. Like, if there was an fMRI of the brain during computer use, and you were reading a science article about water, would there be a greater alteration in brain patterns/areas if you A. got up to get a drink of water or B. created a new tab and checked out jcrew.com?

Speaking of Mrs. Hoff, am in complete support of these findings.

8 comments:

Emily said...

Speaking of Mr. LaZar, I bet he can't do that pose. And neither can I. Oucha.

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Hoff loooooved me.

Anonymous said...

And speaking of the pope, he shouldn't have said that, but what's the deal with killing people, bombing things, and burning effigies just because someone said something you don't like? That's the real story.

Emily said...

You know, since he doesn't have a toe. Neil knows what I'm talking bout.

Anonymous said...

well mr. lazar used to be muslim (he converted during law school), and he said that islam is a peaceful religion and that anyone suggesting otherwise deserves the harshest of deaths.

amyegodfrey said...

Was he still your favorite teacher after he said that?
Speaking of Mrs. Hoff, there was a piece written by her in the Republic travel on Sunday, September 10.
I saved it for you all. She and her husband spent a week at a French cooking school.

Emily said...

Wow, to think we really WERE speaking of Mrs. Hoff. Mom, I think Neil was joking. I laughed.

Anonymous said...

She loved me too. Wait, was Mrs. Hoff my senior or sophomore English teacher? I know what you are thinking, and yes I am truly losing my memory. That is no exageration. No matter - they both liked me. Especially the sophomore one.