Monday, June 19, 2006

hi

A man wrote on my head in red crayon this morning: Death by 23 small x's. I am a zombie! It is sooooooo much easier to TCB when you have a weekday off, let me tell you, zombie or not. As of today: A. Neil is insured on our car. B. Our car is registered for another year, so the next time we get pulled over for having a 3/06 sticker, we can shout, "The new sticker is in the mail, suckaaaaa!" C. I will not be fired for the fact that my state licensure is up 6/30 and I have not yet sent in the renewal form, since Mary from ADHS said processing time is fast and they'll fax an advance copy of the new license. D. No fewer than 76 cards are waiting blankly to be transformed into thank-you notes. E. The post office has confirmed that it's not holding onto copies of Neil's "The Economist," which apparently didn't come during our two weeks away.

And as of yesterday, we found a house to rent! It is really cool. The walls are different colors, including blue, green and light yellow, I think. The colors are classy -- not too primary or too light. Kind of Ralph Lauren Santa Fe. And there's a yard! And many windows, including in the bathroom. And wood floors. And it is situated just NE of Grant and Campbell, which is farther from our jobs but in a lovely neighborhood that is jogging-friendly and walking distance from Bookman's, Yoga Oasis, sushi, Indian, Vietnamese, coffee, etc. Right now I am completing my CEUs (continuing education units) online and learning about the demonstrated efficacy of lingual strengthening exercises on the swallowing efficiency of people with ALS, Parkinson's, ataxic dysarthria, spastic cerebral palsy and closed head injuries. Please don't hesitate to submit any questions.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

i love you! glad you've been so productive! did you get the official wedding pics yet? love, your sista

amyegodfrey said...

I'm glad you were able to stay awake to get all that done, in spite of your 3 hours of sleep last night! I can't wait to see the new house!

Neil and Diana said...

we'll have a good ol' fashioned bbq. and there are 2 bedrooms! also achieved today: I determined that the new project runway starts July 12. whoopee! no official pics yet, my dear sis, but you shall be informed as soon as. btw: why is it, exactly, that we are living so far from each other?

Emily said...

You don't have my gift yet, but when you do, that'll be 77, sistah. ('Cause you have more than one now. As in sisters.)

Unknown said...

i forgot.

Anonymous said...

how was the eeg? when will you have the results? And emily, please explain your comment.

Emily said...

She'll have to write 77 thank you cards. Is that the part you didn't understand?

Neil and Diana said...

Hi sisters. Do you ever have spans when you are sick of yourself? For that is me. I am sick of my effusions and my general habit of talking. The EEG results I don't have yet. The MRI results I just got in the mail and they reveal zero abnormalities, minus, of course, extensive softness in the right frontal and temporal lobes secondary, probably, to the auto accident. So that effectively rules out clots, hemorrhages, dead patches and tumors. Just the dead patches I already had.

Emily said...

That is fabulous news.