Thursday, December 01, 2005

From National Review

Okay before I get coffee, I thought this vital report from Moscow needed to be posted. From a reader: Here in Moscow we get Larry King a day late, and I occasionally watch him for his unique brand of hard hitting journalism. The other day, with Martha Stewart as his guest, he actually bowled me over with what must have been his trademark wit back in his heyday a hundred years ago. He asked if she was dating (this is a 64 year-old woman, mind you), and added that " . . we went out once." She quickly corrected, "We went out TO DINNER." "Yeah, but we went out." She mumbled, flustered, and Larry turns to the camera and says: "I DATED A CON!". He was back to his old self minutes later with "Why do we like cookies?"

3 comments:

Emily said...

I like it, I like it. That was from a reader of what?

I have a Larry King story: The Craigs were in Provo visiting us one Thanksgiving and that weekend we went to dinner at China Lily on Center St. We noticed that towards the end of the meal our service was really horrible. It had started off great and then we just weren't getting any attention anymore.

After we left, someone said, "Do you see Larry King as we were walking out?" NO, I didn't see Larry King! I peered back in through the window for a glimpse of stardom, and sure enough, there was Larry King eating duck at China Lily on Center Street the day after Thanksgiving in Provo, UT. Stealing our servers' attention.

Neil and Diana said...

And probably flirting with all the waitresses! The whole thing was an excerpt from National Review, although sometimes I would like to check letters from Moscow before my morning coffee. I can't belieeeeeeeeeeeeeeve it's the freakin' weekend!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

i'd have to say my favorite cookie is a lemon square - does that not count?