Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I love love love love love love love summer

Good morning! Maui was beautiful. It was the perfect thing to do at the end of the school year. We will post pictures soon. I am happy to be home in our own desert paradise and I can't believe it's summer! My aspirations include writing letters, reading, yoga, cooking, and seeing friends and family. And working, of course, which is child's play compared with homework! (At least, my kind of work. For those of you who work in schools, it's a completely different ballgame.) My mother sent me this months ago and I only just now read/listened to it: npr story . Also, I saw this article on meditation in the New York Times this morning and found it interesting. Any thoughts? I wonder if it's related to EMDR , which apparently is gaining traction in crisis counseling and PTSD. Wait, here's a nyt article about it: nyt emdr story.

3 comments:

abby said...

a new post from diana makes my day. i'm glad you guys had fun! and i hope neil is sleeping right now.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a restful vacation. I loved the NPR story. Wouldn't it be wonderful if more people could be that quick on their feet and that compassionate? AG

Neil and Diana said...

Yes. I guess it's kind of an instinct thing, to know whether your offer will be well received.