Monday, February 18, 2008

stream of monday night

She's out of my-y le-eague, just a fool to believe I have anything she needs("she breaks the wind" is what Neil would say, were he here) tonight I changed 7 dead to 6 dead in the niu shooting and 5 dead to 32 dead in the va. tech shooting and youth core to youth corps for some e. valley group. no stellar headlines. after work at 12 I have to figure out how to put all my pdf docs (5) containing my writ calc homework into 1 doc without compromising the legibility -- acrobat reader just reads. I found a free, cute lil' dashboard application on apple.com, but 3/5 of the pdfs I cleverly emailed myself before leaving for work are broken. So I have to do it at home. after work. no problem, hopefully. i will not be docked for turning them in "after" 12, hopefully. Nor will I receive 8.8/30 on the assignment, hopefully, which is what i received on the last one, for a number of diverse and interesting reasons. tomorrow, after a few hours at health south and home health, i look forward (no, I really do) to cleaning the bathroom and dusting the furniture and -maybe- cleaning the floors. the most obvious way to clean them is with the vacuum, but that rates a 30% in total quality. The tiles have marks from god-knows what that I think don't respond even to windex (I will try that tomorrow), so moving a vacuum over them at times feels like an ex. in fut. Plus, there are no carpets anyway, so mopping probably would be a more effective cleaning method, but with mopping it's like I put so much (ok, 5 minutes worth of) effort into preparing and lugging around a sudsy bucket, and moving the furniture, and then the sudsy turns to grimy when I'm done with like half a room. I guess there are worse things than refilling the sudsy bucket, and methinks tomorrow is my day to test that hypothesis. And then we will light candles and I will maybe go to the gym and maybe go to yoga and maybe go to a computer security systems club meeting at school and definitely work on my computer science project, due weds. I finished most of it at the godfreys' this wknd, just needs some fine-tuning. so fun! I look forward to having the time tomorrow to do these things. Maybe neil will read me some pages of Mildred pierce! ok the papers are here bye p.s. bones from a 16-inch frog that had a lot of teeth and lived with dinosaurs were discovered in madagascar, and also, state legislator Karen Johnson really wants teachers and students to have guns at school so people don't shoot each other. :)

3 comments:

abby said...

I missed you, Diana.

Anonymous said...

I also would enjoy some time just to pick weeds, clean out closets, and do some other serious household jobs.
Best wishes on your calculus homework! As you know, it's waaaaay beyond me.
I very much enjoyed our weekend with you. I ate the leftover salmon Monday for lunch, and I believe it gave me food poisoning. We went to dinner with the Fosters Monday evening. I went from being OK to puking into a bag in their car in about 10 minutes. Needless to say, we didn't go out to dinner. They bought Chinese take-out and came back to our house, while I tried to recover on the couch. It was a very short evening. AG

Neil and Diana said...

Oh no!!! You poor thing! How are you feeling??