Thursday, February 21, 2008

bad day

today was somewhat sucky, although I only had to go to one job, for which I was grateful. I probably was also supposed to go to another job but made an executive decision not to, plus, I don't know where it is, except somewhere far away, and I had already worked many hours and my life force was saying no. Tomorrow, after class, we are going to Prescott :) :) It will be very nice and peaceful and romantic, with fresh air and sunshine and flowers and horses. And I will bring The Custom of the Country, which has been whimpering with neglect since school started, and I will not bring the computer.

I got 95% on the last computer science programming homework! It took like a hundred hours. Neil is doing well in his class and said today the teacher talked about if-loops and for-loops, in which he already is versed. I think we should go on a family vacation to Europe next year ... anyone?

it was fun to watch the debate tonight and watch Obama and Clinton subtly piss each other off. I mean, there was nothing subtle about the way they felt -- the subtlety was in the lil' digs. Last night I went to Anne and Wayne's and watched the lunar eclipse. The cloud masses were kind of flirting with it, but they parted now and then so we could see the moon being occluded by other things that were more interesting than clouds. I think there is a Thievery Corporation song called "Shadows of Ourselves."

Hold the phone -- the highs in Prescott Friday through Sunday are 43, 50 and 58, respectively. Hmmm. ... I'm glad I checked weather.com prior to packing (which will be at the last second tomorrow). A recent bubble bath washed away some of the bad feeling from today. Now I will watch Lipstick Jungle and read Java and maybe start the next assignment. I appreciate friends and family, especially when they're just nice and supportive and you don't have to fit a certain type or mood.

5 comments:

abby said...

I think hot baths are the solution to most things. I hope you guys have fun.

Anonymous said...

You are so darling, Diana. Congrats on your computer science exam! It's sooo beyond me, I can't even comprehend its difficulty. Have a lovely time in Prescott. AG

Neil and Diana said...

Thanks, sister and mom! Amye, HOW is your stomach? I have been thinking nice thoughts.

Anonymous said...

I'm anxious to hear about your Prescott weekend! AG

Anonymous said...

Lipstick Jungle? Really? Yuck.

I'm all for the bubble baths, though. And Prescott. What did you do there?