Sunday, January 17, 2010

aspirations

I want to work in databases or informatics for genetic research.

I want to work in cancer research.

I want to work in international health, like documentation and sharing and collaboration and researching who does what with what with what resources. (Like in Atul Gawande's book "Better" -- is it always expensive surgical equipment that determines success, or are manual skill and a deep comprehension of the task sometimes underrated?)

And also, in international health, what diseases are seen more and less in what countries among what populations, and WHY?

I want to work in governmental research, like at a policy institute.

I would LOVE to be part of some project that would streamline the federal government so that we were putting tax dollars into systems that worked and returned in dividends, rather than endless bureaucracies. E.g., our educational system is atrocious.

So does anyone want to give me an internship this summer?

I have no work experience in CS whatsoever, but I have a lot of school learning and a great attitude and I will wash your car.

7 comments:

abby said...

i love your aspirations. i love how motivated you are. what a go-getter you are! and, of course, what a silly bunny you are.

Eliza said...

you can be my intern anytime! i may need help with shopping and coffee-drinking this summer.

Sarah said...

YOU'RE HIRED! I really need someone to wash my car.

amyegodfrey said...

Diana, you crack me up! But mostly, you amaze me. You are one of the most ambitious and opportunity-seeking people I have ever known. You're going to get that job you want. By the way, I have Abby and Jamie's Christmas presents to give you when we see you soon.

Neil and Diana said...

I don't think I am ambitious or a go-getter. That's like a type-A. My friend Jerrica and I did 7.5 hours of yoga this weekend. I am a type-L. Amyeeee, we have things 4 u!!!!!! Abby, sigh(longing). Eliza, same. Sarah, I honestly will -- maybe Neil and I can come up next wknd!

amyegodfrey said...

Yes, this weekend would be loverly.

geritebo said...

I believe you can change the world. You sure changed mine.