Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sunday Night

I worked today. After work I went home. I ran/walked 2 miles, which is far, far more exercise than I've had in the last 6 weeks.

When I got home I hurried to turn my heaving, red, sweaty self into something wedding-appropriate. Because I need to be at one in 60 minutes. Across town. And then I realized the toilet wasn't flushing. So, between combing my sticky, salty hair, slipping into a lbd, and attempting to mask the smell of sweat with secret solid, I poured bleach into the toilet bowl and, 10 minutes later, flushed.

Still didn't flush. Well. I did not have time for this and certainly would not have time for it getting ready for work tomorrow morning. I decided to deal with it when I got home from the wedding. And also, I knew I was hungry sort of and I knew I have a little problem with low blood sugar, so I put two frozen jelly donut holes in my mouth on the way out and gave myself a pat on the back.

In the car I called my landlord (who lives in the guesthouse) just to see if their toilet was having difficulties too. You know, is it my problem or a problem with the whole line? My landlord inquired as to what had happened when I plunged it.

Plunged it?

The moral of which is: Two donut holes are not enough.

Although, technically, I just got home and am sitting here in my lbd and have not plunged it. So maybe it won't work anyway. But it had better. At the wedding each guest got a little folded piece of paper with a live butterfly inside, to release after the vows were exchanged. I was worried. I let my butterfly out ahead of time but 20 minutes later it was still hobbling across the grass.

I miss Neil. Bye.

P.S. Do butterflies have hearts? Do caterpillars have hearts? Do caterpillars have like 15 hearts? I will investigate.

4 comments:

abby said...

did you know it's been 7 months since you last posted??

where is neil? is he just at work?

the butterfly thing is a nice idea but it does seem a little mean and i'm glad you let yours out early.

sorry about your toilet. we have toilet problems too. both mechanical and anatomical (milo).

are we going to see you this summer?

Neil and Diana said...

hi. yeah. neil was at work. i miss him all the time. the toilet was fine with a plunge! Hopefully that will occur to me next time. neil and i are still figuring out what we're doing with our summer. are you coming to phx next month?

Eliza said...

fab post. i'm glad your toilet isn't clogged anymore. i love you.

Emily said...

It makes me supremely happy when you blog. Blog blog blog.