Sunday, November 20, 2005

lifestyles of the rich and famous

Our apartment. Roger Ebert is really thin. I learned last night at Andrew's weenie roast that rocks have cleavage. Whoo-hoo! Sara and Erik are getting married here in June.When I ask Neil what he wants for graduation, he says underoos. A patient with dementia told me the menu option of chicken parmesan with mediterranean vegetables sounded "too esoteric."























I want to see what happens in an '06 Casey-Santorum race. I want to see what kind of national publicity a pro-life Democrat gets. I want to see a national conversation about the fact that many Democrats, even those who support legal abortion rights, do not think abortion is good or favorable. I wonder if tensions could rise between moderate Democrats and the hardcore abortion-rights groups (e.g., NARAL) who give the Dems big money. I would looooove for abortion rights not to be a politically polarizing issue.










Last night I petted a lot of dogs at Andrew's. Neil says my creative musical setup is an i-pod wannabe. Neil is beautiful. So is Sarah's blanket.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the photos! Sarah's quilt looks really good on the wall. I wouldn't have thought of that.

Emily said...

That's disgusting. (Can you guess to which I'm referring?)

Okay, I'll tell you.

*weenie roast
*rocks with cleavage
*Neil's underoos
*chicken parmesan at a hospital
*big money in politics
*CD-man down your pants

I think that's all. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

cute, Emily.
Yes, of course, rocks have cleavage. It's especially evident with layers of mica, and with chunks of granite that are separated so beautifully.
As for Neil, underoos are the only things he ever asks for. Very easy to please. The only other thing he ever asked for, and we didn't get him, was a punching bag. Hmmmm, graduation.

Anonymous said...

sounds good!

Unknown said...

I thought the "CD-man" down your pants was beautiful, as was the rest of your photo essay! Diana and Neil, I think your blog really takes the cake when it comes to aesthetic and poetic value. And I'm way 'cited to see y'all's place in two days!!

Emily said...

Is she trying to make me look bad?

Emily said...

Harry Reid is a pro-life Dem. Would you vote for him?

Neil and Diana said...

For president? Depends. But I like that he's minority leader. As for his pro-life position, I have nothing but respect for the point of view that people shouldn't kill babies.

Anonymous said...

I'm honored you have my old jeans on your wall (some of Dad's too). It looks really cool! I haven't visited for awhile - I am missing out.

Neil and Diana said...

Sarah, we would love to have to visit at any time, with or without your lovely family! Perhaps you could stop by if you can come to Neil's graduation affair in 2 weeks. Aarghh, sewing is soooooooooo hard! I put my project on hold until my mother can come over (Weds.?) and teach me how to thread. The bobbin is not my friend. I love that your quilt is the first thing we see when we come through the door!